Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ILN-terviews: Andrey Zelenin, Lidings Law Firm

Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network.

For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Andrey Zelenin of Lidings Law Firm in Moscow, Russia.

In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?
Protecting foriegn business in Russia.

Who would be your typical client?
Foreign legal entities (from SME's to multinationals) investing in Russia or otherwise affected by Russian legal regulations.

What would you like clients and potential clients to know about you?
That I'm easy to deal with, ready to react, and always willing to protect their interests.

What has been your most challenging case? Why?
There have been some of them, and I'm sure there will be more.  One of the recent ones was representing a client in an investigation by the antimonopoly authority.  The hearings lasted for 12 hours (with a lunch break though!).  It was quite challenging to get out of the FAS building at 1AM.  But the client was happy, as all charges have been dismissed!

What has been your proudest moment as a lawyer?
Well, again, it's difficult to pick one.  Most encouraging, I think, is when you see your team of lawyers gain expertise and succeed in very complicated cases.

What do you do when you're not practicing law?
I'm telling fairytales to my children.

What would surprise people most about you?
That I'm 27 and I have three kids: a daughter, 4.5 years old, and two sons, 3 and 1.

What has been your most memorable ILN experience?
Fantastically warm and friendly welcome to the world of ILN - at every ILN meeting!  And of course, the after Gala Dinner Istanbul night club party.

What career would you have chosen if you weren't a lawyer?
I'd better not think about it. Do not want to disappoint myself.

If a movie were made out of your life, who would you want to play you?
It's a tough one. I'd let my wife choose.

How would you like to be remembered?
As someone taking care of other's interests first.

No comments:

Post a Comment