Thursday, February 4, 2010

ILN-terviews: Sueli Avellar Fonseca, Nehring e Associados, Advocacia

Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network.


For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Sueli Avellar Fonseca of Nehring e Associados, Advocacia in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?
Presently, I work basically on Commercial Agreements, National and International Agreements. In the past, I was essentially a litigator and then worked on Corporate matters.

Who would be your typical client?
Companies are my typical clients.

What would you like clients and potential clients to know about you?
I would like clients to know that I have very good experience in litigation, which makes me a strong negotiator. Moreover, I have a great deal of experience in wording various kinds of agreements and it is easy for me to build relationships.  I am a perfectionist at what I do.

What has been your most challenging case? Why?
I cannot say one case is more challenging than others. The challenge is always to achieve the objectives of the client.

What has been your proudest moment as a lawyer?
 I have had many good moments in my career, which make me proud, but one I remember most was when I was a very young litigator and during a hearing, a Judge stopped and asked me how long ago I had graduated.  He complimented me in front of the lawyers of the other party, for the questions argued to more than 5 or 6 witnesses.

What do you do when you're not practicing law?
 I love to read, to go to the movies, to listen to music, to travel.

What would surprise people most about you?
It is very difficult for me to surprise people. I easily show who I am, what I like or dislike.

What has been your most memorable ILN experience?
ILN brings me many friends, all around the world.  This is fantastic.  But the most memorable is that some friends have become a family!

What career would you have chosen if you weren't a lawyer?
I would be a lawyer! As a secondary career, if I had time, Decoration could be a choice.

If a movie were made out of your life, who would you want to play you?
Meryl Streep.

How would you like to be remembered?
Someone who was able to achieve her teenager's dreams for life, with her own work and studies; a good professional; a good daughter; a special mother and a good companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment